These pictures are from yesterday.
All the red and bleeding, even though it is painful for my little man, it is a good sign. It means there is viable tissue and less likely that he will need a skin graft. We take him once a day down to get his bandages changed. The reason we let them do it is because there is still good chance of infection. If he were to get an infection, there is a higher risk of amputation. We have been asked about home health care and we asked about it to one of the people that took care of his leg while in the hospital and they said more than 50% of the patients that had home health care, received infections. She then told us Geric's doctor does not want any of his kids (patients) on home health care. On Thursday mornings, they do what is called Clinic. That is where the Dr. looks at his patients wounds. I will not be doing daily posts on Geric. I will post pics at least once a week and/or if anything changes.
Thank you for the many continued prayers as they are still appreciated and I know they are helping our Geric's healing process. An estimated time of about one month from when it happened is when his foot might be healed. He'll meet with an Orthopedic Surgeon in about three weeks, if I remember right. In about three to six months the plastic surgeon will decide whether or not they will have to reopen where the deep wound is and stitch that part together. For now, they are letting it heal on its own. Once again, thank you for your prayers.
Alana is 14!!!
-
When did this incredible girl turn 14?! How did my baby grow so fast? Where
does the time truly go? I feel like I am one of those creepy ladies at the
gro...
10 years ago






3 comments:
Wow, I had no idea Geric was hit by a car until I read something on facebook. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been! Geric is such a brave little guy to have all those bandages changed. I'm sure that can't be easy for him or you. I'm glad to see the tissue looks healthy and hopefully he will heal up quickly without any complications.
Thank you. He sure is a brave, STRONG, little guy. We are just so grateful he is still here with us.
Oh my word Heather! Poor little man! Sorry I missed your call today. We have all the Johnson fam in town right now. Your poor Geric! That looks so ouchy. We will pray for your sweet little man. Hang in there. I'll talk to you soon.
Post a Comment