Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of School

Okay, my kids are growing up way too fast with Devan in third grade, David in second, Ruby in first.  Treasure the joys of those first few years of life as hard and difficult they may seem.  Instead of getting angry and frustrated that your child gets into things, or makes a mess of pouring a full bag of cereal on the floor, getting into your makeup, or pouring pancake mix on their head and carpeted kitchen, find the laughter and joy in it because time with your little ones is so precious and short that you come to treasure those moments of frustation. (I would post pics of these moments, but my iphoto is acting up)

What a great first day! The kids missed the bus due to us having a new bus driver.  Walked them to school and they were late.  What a great way to start off a new school year.  Good luck this year! I know you will all do well.  I do like their teachers.  I think all of the teachers my kids have this year, fit them.  Devan has actually come home from school and said, "I had fun today at school!"  He hasn't said this in the past.  Ruby's teacher has a pet lizard in her classroom that if I remember correctly, she has had her for five years. Her name is Mango.  So if you hear Ruby talking about Mango, she is talking about her teacher's pet lizard.  David's teacher is new to Double File this year, but seems like she will be great for David, with a lot of positive reinforcement at the same time gentle firmness to hold David accountable.  I know they will all do well this year.  I love you Devan, David and Ruby.

1 comment:

R Fitz said...

Oh how I miss you all! The kids are growing too fast!!! I hope they have a wonderful school year. Hugs and loves to all of you!