So as we were getting ready to go check Ruby out of school, Geric was having some fun while we were distracted:
He was picking out the marshmellows: Gotta love the toddler stage!
 |
| "Mmm!" |
|

So, we went and got Ruby. I had asked her and Devan to decide what we would do on her birthday day. The evening before, they had decided we would go to Build a Bear and let her pick some stuff out. After we had gotten her and were on our way to Build a Bear, my hubby hinted to her what Grandma Smith and Popo had gotten her, a doll house. So by doing that, he had talked her out of going to Build a Bear. I was disappointed only because all she wanted to do after that was go home and see her doll house. It was previously owned so I wanted to go through all the pieces and clean them. Devan had already cleaned the house. If I knew we weren't going to Build a Bear, we would have checked her out at her lunch time and taken her to lunch and to the store to pick out a present. Well, what we did was went to Best Buy "to get a movie." He may deny it, but I feel like Devan had a hidden agenda, he wanted to check something out and get more info on a certain product. She did pick out a Wii game and a movie. The movie she picked was "E.T." I feel bad because I feel like she got jipped on her birthday. Devan actually admitted that he felt bad too. My poor little princess!
Here are pics of them making her cake:
Here are pics of the finish product, Devan tried a new recipe.
Ruby blowing out her candles:
The reason there are not pics of Little Devan or me is because Little D was taking pics and I was feeding Xzander. Here are some pics of Xzander that day:
 |
| "Yes, I'm watching T.V." |
|
 |
| "My toes sure taste good" |
|
|
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY cutie!!!!! Sometimes kids get excited by things us adults don't think are very exciting. I am sure Ruby had a great birthday even if it didn't go quite how you planned. The important part is that you tried. Love and miss you all and wish we could have helped you celebrate! HUGS and LOVES to all of you!
That is one of the things I miss the most, celebrating with family. I really hope we can drive out there so we can baptize David out there next summer.
Post a Comment