I tried to do better with Geric's birthday and I had a little more success. I think I am getting the hang of it (as long as my hubby does not alter plans after they are already made; love you honey). Friday night we went to one of his co-workers home. He bakes cakes. We bought the stuff to make Geric a Buzz Lightyear Cake. Devan, my talented husband, with minimal assistance decorated the cake. Our friend could not find the Buzz Lightyear colors, and for a beginner it is such tedious work that where white should be, Devan just used gray. So, I know the colors aren't exact but I think he did a pretty darn good job considering it was also late. I didn't think to bring my camera, so I didn't get any pics of him working on it. By the way, he was looking at a picture he had to reverse like looking in the mirror if that makes sense so it was also a mental challenge. But here is the end result.
After a day of cleaning, we ventured off to the store in attempts to let Geric pick out his birthday present (what insane person would let a two year old pick out his/her birthday present? Me, I guess). Anyway, here are some video clips of this attempt: I wish I would have gotten his first initial reaction when he saw this robot type Buzz Lightyear, but here is a small part of his first reaction. It was like $140.00, definitely out of our price range. I should have taken a picture of it.
This next video clip is of him playing with one of the toys:
He also rode a tricycle that he did not want to give up. He could actually reach the pedals and easy to peddle that I don't think it would have taken him long to figure it out, but alas we already have a good trike and a bike that he can learn to peddle on which may be a little harder but we didn't need another one to add to the ones we already have. I wish we would have gotten him a three wheel scooter. We tries to take scooters off of people's porches (of course we know the people and he has already ridden them.
Dinner time: So, this is where I slacked a bit, okay, a lot. I had wanted to make a nice dinner, but by the time we were done at the store, it was getting to be a little late. So we opted for Burger King (sadly, no JCW's here), add some grapes with those burgers, oh yeah and can't forget the root beer and that is what we had for dinner. The kids didn't complain.
I have no idea what Geric is doing, but every time I went to take his picture this is what he kept doing, who knows.
Ah, much better! Now you can see the birthday boy's face.
Next, presents. Little Devan was really cute. He found a box, found Christmas wrapping paper, put is presents in the box and wrapped it up. They were cars he had that he gave to Geric. He did this all on his own.
We ended up getting him a police truck that makes sounds and lights, light up.
My parents got him shoes and socks, which he really needed, great Grandpa and Grandma Bennett sent a card a five dollars, and if I remember right Grandpa Jeff and Grandma Lori got him a Handy Manny Toy that talks when Grandma Lori came for her visit during the summer.
At last, cake and ice cream. Seeing how the cake was done the night before, the kids were really patient and wanting the cake really bad.
The first time we lit the candles up, Ruby couldn't resist and had to blow them out for Geric. This is the second try and we had success.
| I want some! |
I don't know how many shots I took of Devan trying to get a good shot of him. Between him and David, it was a challenge. Overall, things turned out pretty good. Just need to learn to do some things a little more in advance. All the kids enjoyed the cake and ice cream.






2 comments:
Sounds like a GREAT birthday in my opinion! The cake looks AMAZING! Wish Dev was here so I could pay him to make Taylor's cake next week instead of getting him one or making one...I have absolutely NO cake decorating talent in me. :( I keep trying, but each time I do I mess up MAJOR bad and then I am so grumpy that it ruins the birthday OR I end in tears and the kids ends up desperately trying to tell me the cake isn't THAT bad. lol Anyways...we love you lots and lots and wish you were here so that we could celebrate together!
Wowwwwww! I loved the cake, loved the blog, loved, the pictures, loved the video. Thank you!
I know what Geric is doing in the one pictures with his two fingers by his nose. Remember when I was there and when I talk to him on the phone, I always put my two fingers to my nose as if they were radar and went searching for him. I started doing it on the night we celebrated birthdays and continued until I left. Geric and I had such great fun. Anyway, I think that's what he was doing. Love ya
Post a Comment