I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. As much as we want to be self-sufficient and should be self sufficient, more importantly the Lord wants us to learn to rely on HIM for all things. Everything we have comes from Him and at any moment, at any second, all that we have, He can take away. Whether it be our homes, our food, our material possessions, our children, our spouse, our loved ones, friends, even our very breath of life, He can take it away. We should do all that we can do first!! After that we MUST rely on HIM!! There are trials that we go through in our life that are out of our control and we may wonder why? Sometimes we are brought down so we will turn and rely on our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.
In our relief society lesson, a woman shared and bore her testimony of prayer. Something I thought that was really interesting is she said she prays to know which child needs the most attention that day. When her youngest was born, there were difficulties and they were not sure if he would live or die. I may get some of the facts a little off, but because of her daily prayers and her relationship with her Father in Heaven, she felt like she needed to be home with her other four children while the father, I think, was with their son. As a mother can you imagine how difficult this would be, thinking what if he dies and I’m not there? She said she felt peace through this trying time that she was where she was needed most. One of my concerns as a parent has always been: "How am I going to know the needs of my children, and which one needs me the most this day?" Well, Sunday I got my answer and I am going to strive to be more faithful at saying my prayers.
I know Christ lives! I know He hears and answers our prayers. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is His true church and I am extremely grateful to be a part of it. I know Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and that through Him, Joseph Smith restored the gospel of Christ’s church. I am so grateful to Him for the wonderful, hardworking, understanding husband He has blessed me with. I am grateful my children have a dad that loves spending time with them, and that some of his happiest moments are watching his children enjoy life and be happy. He works hard and does everything he can to ensure our happiness. We love spending time together as a family and our little family bond has really grown strong and grows stronger each and every day.
Alana is 14!!!
-
When did this incredible girl turn 14?! How did my baby grow so fast? Where
does the time truly go? I feel like I am one of those creepy ladies at the
gro...
10 years ago






2 comments:
That was odd! For some reason it hadn't shown that you had a new post! Hope you are all doing okay. Love you!
Thank you for doing the baby thing. Really appreciate it. can't wait to see you next month
Post a Comment