I know it has been a while since I have blogged. Basically, since the passing of my mother. I have wanted to do a post in her behalf but as I have looked for pics with her and our family, I regret to say there aren't that many on my computer. I may have hard copies, I'm not sure. So, that has been quite overwhelming and I just hope to do it soon.
On the up side of things:
The kids are doing great. They are growing up (way too fast), they are smart, and fun to be around (most of the time) I really do enjoy my children.
Devan made straight A's again this passed report card period. I went to the award assembly for the third grade and came to realize in comparison to the size of the third grade as a whole, there were not many students who accomplished getting straight A's. I came to realize more so, that Devan is an exceptional student. He works hard both in and out of class without me having to nag at him at all. I do not have to remind him to do his homework, he just gets it done. I am available to him if he does has questions, but rarely needs help with anything. I am super proud of him. He is also a huge help at home. He does a lot for me with the two little ones and random other things. He is an extremely responsible boy for his age.
My David is my sweet, compassionate, sensitive child, as well as a peace maker. He does his best in school and thrives in Math. His teacher referred him for the Talented and Gifted (TAG) program in Math because he sees things that his peers don't normally see. This is his strong point and he also loves Math. Devan and I have actually talked about whether or not we should let him be in this program if he gets in. Basically what they do is he will go to a different class for Math and be doing Math that is advanced at least one grade level above or more. We have decided to go ahead and do this. We are hoping it builds his self confidence when it comes to school. I am grateful for the teacher he has had this year. I could not have asked for a better teacher for him. She is awesome.
Ruby is Ruby. As I was talking with the TAG teacher, for she too has been referred to TAG, she said when she tested Ruby, it was like she was a little adult. Most people that know Ruby love and adore her. She has a sweet personality, an extremely compassionate heart for others, even those that have obstacles and struggle. She loves to help at home, especially with Xzander. She does extremely well in school. I swear she has a photographic memory. She is reading above grade level and extremely fluently. I have been so impressed with her reading skills. She is very intuitive. She loves mommy and daddy time especially when it involves cuddles. She is our cuddle bug (I need to take advantage of it more before she out grows it, maybe she won't though). Of course, she is annoyed by her little brother, who, for some reason, loves to go into Ruby's room and make a mess. I don't know why he targets her, but he does.
Geric is definitely in his terrible two's, I cannot imagine what three and part of four will be like because that has been when my kids have hit their "terrible two's". He is into everything from dumping cereal out to I just cannot remember everything he does. He also does like to help with whatever I am doing and I am trying to let him if he wants to in hopes I can teach him to help clean with a good attitude. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Probably. He is a fun boy, extremely animated and definitely has his own opinions. Ever since we had his adenoids removed and tubes put in his ears, his talking has increased. He is saying a lot more words now. He likes movies, especially at nap time and bedtime. He likes dogs, and will often crawl and act, bark, and beg like a little puppy dog. He will even lick you. (He has learned this from David.) Surprised. He sure does love his baby brother and loves to help me out with him. He'll get diapers for me, wipes, and anything he can. If I have asked one of the other kids to get something, he'll jump up and run to get it, if they get it first he gets mad. So all I have to do his hand him whatever it is to hand back to me. He melts his daddy's heart. I have to be the main disciplinarian with him because as his Daddy says, he his daddy's boy. (Devan does step in every now and then to discipline). Geric gets away with more things than the other kids have ever gotten away with. Did I mentioned he is spoiled?
Xzander, what can I say about my baby boy? He is sweet and funny and melts my heart. I have started to tell him No on things. He gets this really cute pout going about to cry, not sure whether or not to cry or smile. Then he is so darn cute that I smile and then he smiles. Now he knows that when I say know, all he has to do is look at me with those handsome blue eyes and smile. He is just so sweet. He has a calm, sweet disposition. He is crawling all over the place, pulling himself up, walking along furniture, and starting to stand on his own. He has been my littlest baby. As of Monday, he was 17 lbs 7 oz. He has his one year in about a month. I cannot believe he will be one next month. How time sure flies.
As for me, things have gotten a little busier as I am attempting to go back to school for a teaching degree. This is my first semester back in 10 1/2 years. In a couple of weeks, things will get even a bit more busy as Devan will start the police academy on the 14th in the evenings from six to 10. So, basically we will not see him Monday thru Thursday and sometimes on Saturdays for the next nine months, a small sacrifice for better job opportunities.
Well, I know this is a boring post, especially there not being any pictures, but I just wanted to let everyone know we haven't fallen off the face of the Earth (not yet, anyway).
Alana is 14!!!
-
When did this incredible girl turn 14?! How did my baby grow so fast? Where
does the time truly go? I feel like I am one of those creepy ladies at the
gro...
10 years ago






2 comments:
Oh, how I love catching up. Things sound so positive. I am sure you are being blessed from above. Your angel mother is watching over all of you I am sure. Love you all so very much.
Thank you for posting!!!! Love you all and greatly appreciated the updates. HUGS!!!
Post a Comment