Monday, October 18, 2010

THANK YOU ACCOLADE STAFF

This thanks is long over due.  I kept meaning to write a thank you note to the staff of Accolade, but being busy with five kids and life, things continue to distract me from this task.  So I thought to myself the next best thing I can do is thank them from my blog.  Accolade, if I recall correctly is a home health care company.

A little while ago I met an individual who works for this company.  I was outside with the kids and she saw and asked me about Geric's foot whether or not it was a burn.  I told her what happened and how he was supposed to have silicone on it with a temporary compression sock on until his sock came in, but money was tight and I ran out of silicone sheets.  Anyway, she talked to her staff and showed them my blog.  Someone was kind enough to get us some until his sock came in.  Next thing I know, about a few days or week or two later, this individual knocks on my door and hands me an envelop with some money in it.  They do not know how greatly needed it was at this time.  To some, twenty, fifty dollars does not seem like a lot of money, but a few people give 20 here and 20 there, it adds up pretty quick.  To those that struggle financially, twenty dollars can seem like a lot of money.  My husband's work was not allowing my husband any overtime at this time which made things extremely difficult and the donations we received from the staff at Accolade was greatly needed.  So once again, THANK YOU!!

No comments: